Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Local Indian bus. Worst decision ever. (Friday, July 2)

So, all we can say is, a 20-hour bus ride in Egypt has got NOTHING on a 6-hour bus ride in India. Not a fucking thing. 110 degree heat. No air conditioning. 125 Indians on a bus with 50 seats, not including the ones on the roof with the tomatoes and feed. We test the strains of our traveling endurance and marriage. We make it through.

The highlights:

We get a demonstration of a lime juicer an hour before we leave Jhansi for Khajuraho.


The view from the window at a bus station, somewhere. Not sure where. This is a quiet day.



The best Coca-Cola I have ever drank in my life. The most uncomfortable I have ever been in my life. Please note that I am fully covered up despite the heat and humidity in order to try and stave off as much leering as possible. I am unsuccessful.


Upshot of the local Indian bus ride: Unforgettable experience, that we will NEVER REPEAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment